Wednesday 21 January 2015

DIY bunga telur tisu! (Special gift for my lil' sister)

Salam..hello semua~~

My adik just had her wedding last year in the month of December.
Seeing her get married feels like time flies sooooo fast..still remember when we used to play together when we were little..sob sob..huhu.. T-T

ok ok..balik ke topik..I've voluntereed to give my sister a special gift, which is DIY bunga telur tisu!!

I've done it before (click here for the past post), even took class from Miely Dazzle on this bunga telur (click here ).

My sister wedding theme originally mint green & lilac, for the pelamin, dress,etc, like this picture below.


source from : theperfectpallete.com



For her bunga telur,she decided use two colour instead of one.

I'm using tissue paper( it;s like a kertas minyak, available in many colours) over ikea tissue paper.
You can also use crepe paper too, up to you. the only difference is the texture of the paper.

But, to me, the shape of the flower seems to last longer with tissue paper.

This tissue paper you can buy it from this vendor here fb Paper Lantern N Boxes

source : Paper Lantern n Boxes FB

She choose the first colour purple and the 4th colour, turqoise..

Here's what the tissue paper looks like


(sorry, turqoise colour already crumble, it's my doing..DOES NOT comes like that okay :P)

As for the ribbon, i'm using 3 colour combination for each flower colour.

Which means, for the purple, i will be making 2 ribbons each colour x 3 colour = 6 ribbons per flower.
and same goes to the turqoise colour flower.

OH, and i will be making 50pcs of purple and 50pcs of turqoise,total of 100 x 6 =600 ribbons!! wahhhh @@@@@@@ (advisable to start early ye)

Here's the colour pallete i choose



(colour pallete is a reference from google )

Purple colour flower, that's the closest to ribbon colour i can get , and for the turqoise colour flower, i go with soft colour.. 

After painstaking putting those 600 ribbons together, it;s time for the flower pulak..

TO BE CONTINUED...




1 comment:

  1. Oh, what an amazing post you shared dear! I loved watching these photos and completely understand how you feel seeing your little sister getting married. Well, my younger sister is also going to get married at the prettiest halls in Los Angeles. I am very excited for her big day!

    ReplyDelete